The Student Services supports clients participating in language training with student placement, waitlist management, recruitment, referrals, and retention. More importantly, it responds to other learner needs to ensure successful language outcomes and settlement in the community.
– Resolve student issues and concerns.
– Support the placement of clients in GGP’s language programs by determining their eligibility and conducting their intake and registration.
– Manage the waitlist and produce waitlist reports
– Provide ongoing tech support for clients in online language classes as needed.
– Determine eligibility of students for LINC classes.
– Ensure accurate information on all programs and activities is shared with staff and clients.
– University Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area
– Adult English as a Second Language (ESL) education experience, or experience working within an ESL program recognized by TESL Canada
– Demonstrated experience in program development/case management and working with instructors, students, and volunteers; supervisory experience in human service field an asset
– Minimum of 2 years working experience with newcomers.
– Knowledge of student services
– Familiarity with the settlement process, knowledge of resettlement barriers and of local resources available to immigrants
– Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook are required
– The ability to speak another language is an asset.
For a full job description please click here.