Do you have a desire to help new immigrants settle in Saskatoon? Are you yourself an immigrant? Or have you volunteered with a settlement organization in the past? Would you now love to get paid to help these individuals and families overcome the challenges that are unique to immigrating to Canada?
We are seeking one candidate to join our diverse team in this position!
Reporting to the Program Manager, this Program Facilitator takes on a leadership role to deliver employment and settlement services and provide assistance and information to GGP’s immigrant and refugee job seeking clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background, and career goals.
· Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing resumes and preparing for job interviews.
· Assess each clients needs and develop a service plan that demonstrates the coordination of appropriate interventions to support his/her employment goals.
· Provide individual employment counselling and facilitate employment workshops.
· Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information.
· Collaborate with employment/staffing agencies on connecting clients with prospective employers.
· Provide clients with information and referral services and administer and discuss second career applications and options.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· A post-secondary education in employment counselling, human resources development, psychology, or a related field.
· Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential with the ability to easily learn new software programs.
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work within a team environment to generate results for job seeker success.
· Knowledge of the local community for resources and referral sources, etc.
· Experience working with the business community in Saskatoon.
For the full job description, please click here.