Program Facilitator focusing on Employment
Reporting to the Program Manager, this Program Facilitator takes on a leadership role to deliver employment and settlement services and provide assistance and information to GGP’s immigrant and refugee job seeking clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals.
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing resumes and preparing for job interviews.
- Assess each clients needs and develop a service plan that demonstrates the coordination of appropriate interventions to support his/her employment goals.
- Provide individual employment counselling and facilitate employment workshops.
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information.
- Collaborate with employment/staffing agencies on connecting clients with prospective employers.
- Provide clients with information and referral services, and administer and discuss second career applications and options.
- A post-secondary education in employment counselling, human resources development, psychology or a related field.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential with the ability to easily learn new software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills with the ability to work within a team environment to generate results for job seeker success.
- Knowledge of the local community for resources and referral sources, etc.
- Experience working with the business community in Saskatoon.
For the full job description click here.