The Global Gathering Place is looking for an enthusiastic Language Instructor for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) to facilitate classes in our language programs to newcomers to Canada. If you have a talent for imparting knowledge and would take pride in assisting students in enhancing their language skills, then this job is for you.
Our Instructors ensure:
– The planning and delivery of LINC instruction and assessment based on program guidelines and evaluations, particularly with regard to the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA).
– That learning objectives are met through design and implementation of unit plans, curricula, and real-life learning based on students needs and goals, approved modules/themes, and benchmark levels.
– That regular student records, attendance, and progress on the database are maintained.
– That monthly/quarterly reports, progress reports, and other program-related documents are prepared when needed.
Our ESL Instructors must have education, skills, and competencies including but not limited to:
– Post-secondary education, minimum CERTESL certificate or equivalent, and teaching experience.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio Based Language Learning Assessment (PBLA).
– In-depth knowledge of needs and challenges of new learners.
– Proven ability to identify and use activities and materials that help learners accomplish meaningful, real-life tasks.
This position is currently online but could potentially move to an in-person class in the future and its from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
For a full job description please click here.