Are you energetic and great at networking and project management? Perhaps you would love the opportunity to get engaged to offset the sometimes insurmountable challenges that newcomers face when looking for employment in Canada? Then please apply to be the Work Experience Coordinator with Global Gathering Place!
The Work Experience Coordinator will facilitate the Economic Recovery Work Experience Project. Fulfilling this role will require outreach, scheduling, booking and facilitating meetings with local businesses as well as job seekers, in addition to any and all other tasks required to facilitate the project from start to completion.
Some key responsibilities for this position are:
- Networking – Identifying and building relationships with local businesses and newcomer jobseekers
- Budgeting management – Administers funds to participating businesses
- Document Development & Reporting for any and all relevant materials that are to be shared with participants
- Project Management – Conforms to the timeline and achieves key deliverables
- Supports jobseekers with coaching and connection to service providers
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, or Arts and Sciences, or post-secondary diploma in Career Development, Communications, Business Management, Public or Community Relations, Volunteer Management, or related field
- 5 years’ experience in a cross-cultural setting, and/or employment coaching, and/or program coordination
- Excellent communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Valid SK Class 5 Driver’s license and access to reliable personal vehicle for work purposes
- A clean Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proof of Canada-approved COVID-19 full vaccination
For a more complete description of our needs for this rewarding position please see the Job Description.
To apply for this, or other positions with Global Gathering Place, please send your resume along with a cover letter and three references to email@example.com as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants. Those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.