Do you have the charisma and acumen necessary to empower women and racialized communities who have experienced prolonged detachment from the labour force to build their self esteem and workplace readiness? Are you an influencer who can persuade employers to give newcomers a chance to work in their place of business? As the Coordinator/Workforce Specialist you would be doing these rewarding tasks as well as delivering of training modules designed to increase newcomer employability, among other engaging tasks.
The Coordinator/Workforce Specialist will:
– Accurately assess client’s barriers and challenges in the labour market and immediate settlement and integration needs and refer them to appropriate programs and/or services within GGP and the wider community
– Conduct assessments of the workplace challenges employers face in hiring and retaining the target population
– Develop partnerships with employers to participate in networking events, job fairs, mock interviews and guest speaking opportunities
– Engages employer partners to host work experience placements
– Recruits industry professionals to volunteer their time to mentor immigrant women with similar professional backgrounds
– Develops and distributes resources that help employers work with low to mid skilled immigrant women
– Creates, updates, and delivers program content including diversity and inclusion presentations and workplace training to employment partners
The ideal candidate will have:
– A University degree in the humanities, social sciences, or related area. A Career Development professional designation is an asset
– A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in the human service field with program planning and delivery preferably in a similar role working with clients from racialized and/or immigrant populations
– Experience in pre-employment and essential skill development knowledge, such as: job search techniques to tap into the hidden job market; resume and cover letter development; and interviewing skills and techniques to prepare clients to enter the job market
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org For the full job description, click here.