The Human Resources Coordinator is accountable for taking the lead in developing, improving, implementing, and maintaining HR policies, processes, and practices. The Human Resources Coordinator works closely with the management team and is responsible for employee relations, training, recruitment, etc. as well as communicating to management relevant changes in employment law and ensuring legal compliance.
– Identifies and recommends ways to improve HR processes and ensure integrity of information, programs, policies, and procedures
– Coordinates all recruitment initiatives and activities including job postings, interviews, and reference checks for new staff members
– Facilitates onboarding of new employees to ensure access to database and email, employee handbook, orientation to staff and locations, etc.
– Maintains the strictest confidentiality on matters pertaining to employee file management
– Coordinates employee reviews for managers and ensures proper documentation and filing to respective employee files.
– Assists with the development and roll-out of various HR initiatives and programs aimed at employee retention, training and development, and diversity and inclusion
– Spearheads initiatives including celebrations, internal newsletter, weekly inspirations etc.
– A University bachelors degree in human resources management or related discipline, and experience in a similar role
– Excellent knowledge of Saskatchewan Employment Standards
– Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information
– Excellent professional communication skills, both verbal and written
– Ability to demonstrate sound judgment with high attention to detail
– Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism
– Experience and commitment to promoting environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued.
For a full job description please click here.