Are you someone that strongly believes in cultural diversity, respect, and has a passion for helping others thrive? Do you love teaching children and giving them tools to succeed? As a Homework Help Facilitator, you will help to fulfill Global Gathering Place’s mission by supporting EAL students in Grades 4 through 8 with their homework, classroom assignments, and test preparations in person and/or online. If this afterschool part-time position interests you, please follow the instructions below to apply!
– Prepares, provides, and reviews individual, small group, or classroom activities that maximize opportunities for the EAL students
– Responds to queries related to homework assignments
– Models and reinforces literacy skills and good basic study skills
– Observes and tracks students progress and attendance
– Produces accurate monthly reports as directed by the Program Manager
– Performs other duties as assigned
– A post-secondary degree in education or the humanities is preferred. However, applicants with experience teaching children while completing their education will also be considered.
– Strong English reading, writing, and speaking capabilities
– Comfortable working with students on subjects and content at the elementary school level
– Ability to work independently
– Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
This is a part-time position for ten hours a week.
For the full job description please click here.