Do you find fulfillment in being the financial backbone of a company? Would you love to be the Finance Manager for a non-profit? Would you take pride in knowing that you are a key contributor to the success of the implementation of programs that help newcomers to Canada with the challenges that they face in making Canada their new home?
As the Finance Manager of Global Gathering Place you will be an integral part of the small management team and a vital part of our operations. You will single handedly complete all financial duties and reporting functions as well as participate in the management functions of Global Gathering Place. Start date is June 1, 2021.
Our Finance Manager is responsible for controlling GGP’s finances in all areas, including but not limited to:
- Developing and monitoring the annual budget.
- Ensuring the completion and timely submission of all financial and budget reports including accurate cashflow spreadsheets, monthly and annual financial statements and working papers, charitable returns, and annual budgets for all projects/programs.
- Working closely with the management team to provide support through monthly updates and the funding proposal development process, and ensuring that programs are balanced and not exceeding their funding.
- Supporting the management team and providing training and coaching to enable them to manage their program budgets effectively.
- Payroll and benefit management.
- Ensuring compliance with federal and provincial laws, regulations, legislation, and policies.
- Under direction of the ED, providing information to and liaising with other agencies, government departments, and community partners and organizations.
Our Finance Manager must have education, skills, and competencies including but not limited to:
- Undergraduate degree with an accounting major or professional accounting designation, coupled with sound knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of financial management and administration or equivalent years of experience.
- Three to five years of experience in management with significant budgeting, financial and reporting responsibilities.
- An understanding of different funding arrangements and guidelines, with a strong ability to respond to varying funding reporting requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with computerized accounting program.
- Experience and commitment to promoting environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued.