Are you wanting to get engaged in a meaningful way to help refugees? Do you have the patience that is needed to walk them step by step through anything and everything that they will need to know about Saskatoon, Canada: our way of life, our government services, and our opportunities? Global Gathering Place is hiring 1.5 positions to do just this, please apply if you have experience with newcomers and this interests you!
- Deliver the Enhanced Lifeskills curriculum either through home visits, community trips, classroom sessions
- Provide hands-on instruction on skills such as taking the bus, shopping for groceries, laundry, etc.
- Assist clients in a culturally sensitive manner
- Maintain database and file management systems to track all visits and activities
- Create, update, and deliver program content
- Produce accurate monthly reports
- A University degree in the humanities, social sciences or related area. A combination of education and experience will be considered
- A minimum of two (2) years working in the human service field with program planning and delivery
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the immigrant and refugee experience and resettlement issues is an asset
- The ability to speak another language is an asset
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License in good standing order is required
- A Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check in good standing is required
For a more complete description of our needs for this rewarding position please see the Job Description.