Do you have a desire to help new immigrants settle in Saskatoon? Are you yourself an immigrant? Or have you volunteered with a settlement organization in the past? Would you now love to get paid to help these individuals and families overcome the challenges that are unique to immigrating to Canada?
Then come join our diverse team!
What is a client care facilitator…
The Client Care Facilitator welcomes immigrants and refugees by providing support through connecting them with the resources that they need to settle in Saskatoon and integrate and thrive in Canadian society. The Client Care Facilitator will provide direct support to refugees by working collaboratively with providers and the community, the primary responsibility is to provide case management services to meet health and other needs. Such clients may be facing an acute crisis and or require assistance to navigate health services.
– Refers the client to relevant community and settlement programs.
– Arranges appointments and interpretation services.
– Accompanies clients to appointments as needed.
– Develops, designs, and maintains a list of general programs and activity supports for newcomers.
– Prepares monthly reports.
– Documents each client session, evaluates client progress and reassesses client needs according to a pre-defined schedule.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
– A University degree in the humanities, social sciences, or related discipline
– Minimum of 3 years working in a related area. Experience in program and/or community development, coordination and/or liaising is an asset
– Experience working with refugees is an asset
– Ability to speak Dari, Farsi, Pashto, Arabic, Tigrinya, Somali, Swahili, or Ukrainian is an asset.