Do you have a desire to help new immigrants settle in Saskatoon? Are you yourself an immigrant? Or have you volunteered with a settlement organization in the past? Would you now love to get paid to help these individuals and families overcome the challenges that are unique to immigrating to Canada?
Working collaboratively with providers and the community, the primary responsibility of the Case Coordinator will be to provide assertive outreach case management services in a variety of community settings to clients whose needs are assessed as being high. Such clients may be facing an acute crisis and/or have multiple barriers to a settlement that is likely to persist long-term.
– Identifies client’s short- and long-term goals.
– Conducts friendly home visits to reassess clients’ needs on an ongoing basis.
– Arranges appointments, and interpretation services and accompany newcomers as needed.
– Refers the client to required services where available.
– Conducts group sessions and activities for group participants.
– Documents each client session, evaluates client progress and reassesses client needs according to a pre-defined schedule.
– A bachelor’s degree in Social Work and a registered Member of the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers is preferred.
– it is preferred that the candidate possesses a minimum of 3 years of supervised clinical counselling experience working with individuals, families and groups, preferably in a mental health and addictions program or family services setting.
– Well-developed case management, assessment and counselling skills, including familiarity with a variety of theoretical and practice approaches preferred.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential and the ability to speak another language is considered an asset.
we are seeking two candidates to join our diverse team in this position.
For a full job description please click here.