The CNC (Care for Newcomer Children)/Childminding staff provides quality care, with a child-centered approach and ensures the health and safety, of children participating in GGPs CNC programs. These long-term and short-term CNC programs support clients, parents, and families participating in our LINC, SAFE, and other programs and those accessing services within GGP.
– Provides experiences that meet the development needs of the children and the standards and requirements of the CNC program and that of the Childminding Monitoring, Advisory and Support (CMAS) organization
– Plans and implements activities for the children, whether onsite or online, that meet development milestones and settlement goals
– Assesses the skills, abilities, interests, and needs of children to help inform program planning
– Ensures there are sufficient appropriate materials and equipment for the operation of sessions; purchases materials and supplies as needed
– Inspects CNC space for safety issues and seeks corrective action according to procedures
– Helps maintain records, including a daily record, attendance forms, registration forms, child information and profile forms, and session management forms
– Informs the CNC Team Lead and Language Services Manager of emerging issues and helps resolve them
– A minimum one-year diploma in a child development program or a related field from a recognized institution and 2 years experience working in the childcare field.
– Experience working in a daycare, childrens program, or with young children
– Current First Aid and CPR certification.
For the full job description, click here.