Job Type: Full-time, urgently hiring
Expected Start Date: 2020-09-21
Reporting to the Language Services Manager, the Language Support is part of a team responsible for ensuring that GGP’s language programs contribute to the successful integration of clients to life in our community. The Language Support will provide assistance to clients, including conducting registrations and orientations, managing waitlists and placements, and making referrals.
In addition, the Language Support role will provide general support to students and instructors and perform a variety of administrative tasks within GGP’s various language services.
– Conducts registration and orientation of clients needing language training;
– Responds to client inquiries and instructor needs and provides appropriate support and referrals;
– Manages waitlist and placement tasks, and assists with student attendance and occupancy monitoring;
– Maintains accurate records and provides assistance with reporting requirements;
– Manages the organization, review and replenishing of student binders;
– Assists with the inventory, purchase, and management of supplies, resources, and equipment;
– Helps ensure that information boards are current and classrooms and other spaces in the building are maintained well;
– Provides interpretation and translation support when needed;
– Works in the CNC room when needed;
– Works with staff in both GGP locations to address needs and ensures accurate information on GGP’s programs and activities is shared with staff and clients;
– Builds and maintains productive working relationships with GGP clients, staff and volunteers;
– Ensures all interactions with stakeholders represent GGP as a professional, welcoming and resourceful organization and are consistent with the values and mission of GGP; and
– Performs all other duties as assigned.
This position primarily operates within regular weekday hours in a culturally diverse office setting. Evenings and weekends may be required. Given that clientele is also diverse, this role often requires the ability to communicate and relay information effectively.
– Post-Secondary Education in the humanities, social sciences or related field;
– Minimum of two (2) years working in an office environment;
– Advanced knowledge of MS Office;
– Experience working with newcomers from diverse backgrounds;
– Experience and commitment to promoting environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued;
– Superior communication skills;
– The ability to speak another language is an asset;
– A Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector check.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, please forward your resume and 3 references as soon as possible to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.