The Global Gathering Place is looking for an enthusiastic English as a Second Language instructor to facilitate classes in our language programs to newcomers to Canada. If you have a talent for imparting knowledge and would take pride in assisting students in enhancing their language skills, then this job is for you. Expected start date is May 14, 2021.
Our Instructors ensure:
- The planning and delivery of ESL instruction and assessment based on program guidelines and evaluations, particularly with regard to the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA).
- That learning objectives are met through design and implementation of unit plans, curricula, and real-life learning based on students’ needs and goals, approved modules/themes, and benchmark levels.
- That regular student records, attendance, and progress on the database are maintained.
- That monthly/quarterly reports, progress reports, and other program-related documents are prepared when needed.
Our ESL Instructors must have education, skills, and competencies including but not limited to:
- Post-secondary education, minimum CERTESL certificate or equivalent, and teaching experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio Based Language Learning Assessment (PBLA).
- In-depth knowledge of needs and challenges of new learners.
- Proven ability to identify and use activities and materials that help learners accomplish meaningful, real-life tasks.