Job Type: 20 hours per week on a 6-month contract
Description of Role:
The Case Coordination Program provides assistance to refugees and immigrants with multiple and intersecting needs. Helping these vulnerable clients access the supports they need increases their likelihood of achieving successful settlement and subsequent integration.
Reporting to the Refugee & Immigrant Health and Case Coordination Manager, the Case Coordination Facilitator will provide direct support to newcomers. Knowledge of the refugee experience, a thorough understanding of the Interim Federal Health (IFH) Program, and/or the health care system, Social Assistance, and housing resources are critical aspects of this role.
The Case Coordination Facilitator will be responsible for coordination of services by working directly with and liaising between Government Assisted Refugees and health care providers. They will also work to develop partnerships with health care professionals and organizations, government agencies, educational institutions and not-for-profit agencies and will represent GGP as a professional, welcoming and resourceful organization. The Case Coordination Facilitator will also build and maintain productive working relationships with GGP clients, staff, and volunteers.
The role will require regular reporting, careful record keeping, and scheduling. It may also require irregular hours to accommodate potential weekend and evening work. In addition, working outdoors, and working with potentially challenging clients.
We are looking for someone with the following education, experience, and assets:
– A University degree in the humanities, social sciences or related discipline;
– Minimum of three (3) years’ working in a related area. Experience in program and/or community development, coordination, and/or liaising is an asset;
– Experience working with refugees is an asset;
– The ability to speak Arabic is an asset;
– A Class 5 Driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are required; and
– A Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector check.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about helping others and want to join a great team, please send your resume ASAP to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.