Job Type: 2 positions, 1 full-time and 1 part-time
Imagine yourself in a new country and starting your new life. What would you need to be successful? Employment? Community Connections? New skills? Global Gathering Place is looking to hire one Full-Time and one Part-Time Program Facilitators to deliver group sessions and work individually with newcomers to Canada to help them settle, connect, and gain employment. Programs mainly focus on health, building social networks, and job readiness skills such as writing résumés, preparing for job interviews, and understanding Canadian workplace culture.
Both the Full-time and the Part-Time Program Facilitators will deliver existing programs while having the opportunity to adapt and develop new curriculum. These roles will require scheduling, recruiting, booking presenters, booking facilities, creating, and delivering content. By assessing clients’ immediate settlement and integration needs, Program Facilitators provide individual support and referrals.
Requirements for both positions include:
- A University degree in the humanities, social sciences, or related area
- A minimum of two (2) years’ working in the human service field with program planning and delivery
- Cultural sensitivity and strong commitment to providing quality services to newcomers
- Superior communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, internet applications and database software
- The ability to speak another language is an asset
- A Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector check