The Global Gathering Place is looking for an enthusiastic English as a Second Language instructor to facilitate classes in our language programs to newcomers to Canada. If you have a talent for imparting knowledge and would take pride in assisting students in enhancing their language skills, then this job is for you.
Our Instructors ensure that:
- Planning and delivery of ESL instruction and assessment is based on program guidelines and evaluations, particularly with regard to the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA).
- Learning objectives are met through design and implementation of unit plans, curricula, and real-life learning based on students’ needs and goals, approved modules/themes, and benchmark levels.
- Regular student records, attendance, and progress on the database are maintained.
- Monthly/quarterly reports, progress reports, and other program-related documents are prepared when needed.
Our ESL Instructors must have education, skills, and competencies including but not limited to:
- Post-secondary education, minimum CERTESL certificate or equivalent, and teaching experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio Based Language Learning Assessment (PBLA).
- In-depth knowledge of needs and challenges of new learners.
- Proven ability to identify and use activities and materials that help learners accomplish meaningful, real-life tasks.