Job Type: Full-Time
Are you a helper at heart? Do you have a sense for what may be difficult to someone who is from another culture, country, and background? Are you looking for an outlet for your empathy? Would you like to help those who are learning to cope with what must feel like a completely new world? Apply for the position of Lifeskills Coordinator with the Global Gathering Place and get paid to assist and mentor immigrants with such things as laundry and food preparation.
- Reviews, revises, implements, and coordinates the Lifeskills curriculum either through home visits or in a classroom
- Identifies and addresses the clients’ specific needs and connects them with the appropriate community resources.
- Coordinates with program resources – GGP staff, community partners, settlement agencies (SODS) etc.
- Monitors the clients’ progress
- Maintains case files
- Possesses the knowledge of community resources and can make referrals based on clients’ needs
- Supervises and delegates responsibilities to volunteers
- Prepares and submits monthly reports
- Assists clients in a culturally sensitive manner
- A degree in the humanities and/or social science, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience in a cross-cultural setting
- Knowledge of the immigrant and refugee experience and resettlement challenges
- Knowledge of related agencies and community resources
- Case management experience with the ability to write concise, coherent, and practical case management care plans and to document progress notes
- Ability to speak other languages is an asset
We thank all applicants. Those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.