Job Type: Part-time, contract position through March 31, 2022.
Summary of Role:
Are you proud of Canada’s public health care system? Do you believe that everyone should have access to our doctors and specialists including and especially those who are new to Canada and may be coming from a country where basic health care is inaccessible? Do you have strong organizational and communication skills, and have experience working with peoples whose first language is not English? Then please apply for the position of Cultural Health Navigator Facilitator with Global Gathering Place.
The part-time Cultural Health Navigator Facilitator position coordinates the Cultural Health Navigator program and interpretation services by recruiting, organizing training, scheduling, and invoicing. They are responsible for the planning and development of the Cultural Health Navigator program and interpretation services, which includes:
- Developing and maintaining a current and accurate resource directory.
- Researching similar programs across Canada.
- Recruiting and interviewing potential Cultural Health Navigators and interpreters.
- Provide ongoing training to Cultural Health Navigators and interpreters.
- Performs scheduling of CHNs and interpreters, follow-up and administrative support.
- Builds community partnerships within the health sector and assists in scheduling interpreters when needed.
- Prepares reports required by GGP as needed for program development, evaluation, or for funders and partners.
- Writes and applies for applicable grants.
- Organizes health tours.