Job Type: Full-time
Summary of Role:
Are you a people person? Do you love to problem-solve and network? Do you have a soft-spot for immigrants and a passion for other cultures? If this is you and you can speak a second language, then please apply for the Client Services position with Global Gathering Place!
In the role of Client Services, you will be the first person people see when they visit the GGP main office, and the first person they speak to when they call. You will set the tone for the welcoming and helpful experience that our organization offers to its clients. You will greet individuals from all around the world and help identify their needs and connect them to the right GGP colleague.
The person in the Client Services role:
- Ensures the welcoming environment is consistent with the values and mission of GGP
- Works with clients, stakeholders, and members of the public in a culturally sensitive manner
- Provides individual assistance to clients including conducting registrations, addressing immediate needs, and making referrals.
- Supports program staff by calling clients, maintaining sign-up sheets, and coordinating inquiries and services.
- Keeps up-to-date on GGP and community services programs and services in order to be able to respond to and redirect general inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with basic administrative duties including inputting client data, maintaining files and records, processing donations, emailing, and other similar tasks.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years working with the public in an office environment, preferably in a social services related sector.
- Familiarity in a cross-cultural setting is considered an asset.
- Experience and commitment to promoting environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential and the ability to speak another language is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Office is required.
- A Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector check.
For a more complete description of this rewarding position and application instructions, please see the Job Description:
We thank all applicants. Those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.