The health and safety of clients, volunteers, and staff is always our main priority. Following official recommendations to support our community—both local and global—in light of COVID-19, we are changing the way programs and services are offered.
We are implementing the following changes:
- English classes: All LINC and Stage 1 & 2 classes stopped on-site and moved to online versions.
- Programs and group activities: We are offer many programs online–please see our monthly calendar.
- New client registration: Those who would like to become clients can now fill out our online New Client Registration form.
- 1-1 assistance: In-person meetings are by appointment only; unfortunately we cannot assist walk-in visitors at this time. We continue to offer assistance with documents including: housing challenges and applications, Service Canada benefits (Canada Child Benefit, Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security, Employment Insurance), Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS); tax information, applying for tests (CELPIP, IELTS), and citizenship eligibility and requirements.
- Refugee support: We continue to provide critical and urgent services that support new and high-needs Government-Assisted Refugees (GARs)
Every effort will be made to communicate with our valued clients and community as the situation evolves. We wish you and your loved ones health and comfort during this time, and encourage everyone to follow recommended practices including staying home.
- Government of Canada: Know the facts about COVID-19
- Government of Saskatchewan: COVID-19 information and updates from the Government of Saskatchewan