Job Title: Program Facilitator
Employment Status: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Job Purpose: The Program Facilitator is part of a team which ensures that programming at the Global Gathering Place contributes to the successful integration of clients to life in Saskatoon. The Program Facilitator will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of programs that will best meet the needs of the Global Gathering Place clients.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Program Facilitator is responsible for scheduling, recruiting, booking presenters, booking facilities, creating and delivering content, tracking attendance and producing regular reports. The Program Facilitator also provides individual support to clients to assist with settlement needs.
- Provide information, assessment, support, and referrals to individual clients.
- Provide general information about GGP programs and services to prospective clients and the community.
- Assist with the handling of logistics for programs and special events (scheduling, booking facilities and presenters, coordinating transportation, etc.).
- Monitor the clients’ progress in settlement through on-going assessment and follow-up.
- Assist with maintaining the day-to-day functions of the agency. Deal with walk-ins, registration, and orientation of new clients.
- Ensure that all programs are consistent with and reflect the Global Gathering Place’s mission, vision, and objectives.
- Advertise and recruit program participants.
- Create, update, and deliver program content.
- Maintain database and file management systems to track current program participants, program enrollment, and program resources.
- Produce accurate monthly reports (narratives, iCARE, CTS) to the Board and funding partners.
- Ensure all interactions with stakeholders represent GGP as a professional, welcoming and resourceful organization and are consistent with the values and mission of GGP.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with GGP clients, staff and volunteers.
- Establish community relationships; develop and enhance partnerships with immigrant serving agencies.
Education: BSW, B.Ed., BA or combination of education and experience in a cross cultural setting
- Program development/case management experience in a human service field.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong commitment to providing quality services to newcomers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; client focused approach.
- Proficient writing skills; ability to maintain case management files and write concise, coherent progress reports.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Ability to prepare monthly/quarterly reports to meet guidelines.
- Advanced skills with MS Office computer applications, internet applications and database software.
Working Conditions: Working conditions cover a range of circumstances; regular weekday work in offices, classrooms, and outdoors. This role will require working with potentially challenging clients. In addition, the Program Facilitator may require some irregular work hours in order to accommodate potential weekend and evening work.
Applicants will need a current Police Record Check and should submit their résumés along with three references by April 12 to email@example.com.