Employment Status: Full time
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Purpose: The Volunteer/Program Facilitator is part of a team which ensures that programming at the Global Gathering Place contributes to the successful integration of immigrants and refugees to life in Saskatoon. The Program Facilitator will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of programs that will best meet the needs of the Global Gathering Place for both clients and volunteers.
Duties/Responsibilities: The Volunteer/Program Facilitator is responsible for scheduling, recruiting, booking presenters, booking facilities, creating and delivering content, tracking attendance and producing regular reports. The Volunteer/Program Facilitator provides support with volunteer coordination.
- Provide general information about GGP programs and services to prospective clients and volunteers in the community.
- Organize volunteer development days, and volunteer appreciation activities.
- Assist with the handling of logistics for programs and special events (scheduling, booking facilities and presenters, coordinating transportation, etc.).
- Assist with maintaining the day-to-day functions of the agency. Deal with walk-ins, registration, and orientation of new clients.
- Ensure that all programs are consistent with and reflect the Global Gathering Place’s mission, vision, and objectives.
- Create, update, and deliver program content.
- Advertise and recruit program participants.
- Recruit, screen, train, and place volunteers into GGP programming.
- Maintain database and file management systems to track current program participants, program enrollment, and program resources.
- Produce accurate monthly reports (narratives, iCARE, CTS) to the Board and funding partners.
- Ensure all interactions with stakeholders represent GGP as a professional, welcoming and resourceful organization and are consistent with the values and mission of GGP.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with GGP clients, staff and volunteers.
- Establish community relationships; develop and enhance partnerships with immigrant serving agencies.
BSW, B.Ed., BA or combination of education and experience in a cross cultural setting
- Program development/case management experience in a human service field.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong commitment to providing quality services to newcomers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; client focused approach.
- Proficient writing skills; ability to maintain case management files and write concise, coherent progress reports.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Ability to prepare monthly/quarterly reports to meet guidelines.
- Advanced skills with MS Office computer applications, internet applications and database software.
Working conditions cover a range of circumstances; regular weekday work in offices, classrooms, and outdoors. This role will require working with potentially challenging clients. In addition, the Volunteer/Program Facilitator may require some irregular work hours in order to accommodate potential weekend and evening work.
Applicants will need a current Police Record Check and should submit their résumés and cover letter along with three references by 29th May, 2018 to email@example.com.