Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) Staff
To provide service for the Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) program at the English Language Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Language Services Manager, CNC staff will provide quality care to children participating in CNC and create and implement activities that support a child-centered approach and promote the development of newcomer children.
CNC Staff will:
- Work on CNC operations, including administration and supervision, and include the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Develops relevant materials (i.e. orientation and procedures manuals, posters for display within the space) specific to the operation of the CNC program.
- Ensure necessary equipment and supplies are in place and purchases supplies necessary for the safe operation of the CNC.
- Inspects the CNC space for safety issues and complete a Space Safety Checklist including periodic fire drills.
- Plans and delivers appropriate activities for children in accordance with the program philosophy and to meet the children’s developmental needs.
- Identifies child care needs, reporting all necessary information according to procedures.
- Informs the Language Services Manager regularly on emerging issues and concerns; helps resolve them.
- Enters relevant information in-house databases and provides CNC reports, as needed.
- Fosters teamwork among staff in the provision of CNC services.
- Provides general administrative support to the CNC team as needed.
- Keeps current with relevant program information to respond accurately to client, staff, and community inquiries.
- Participates in staff meetings; contributes to committees, events, and initiatives deemed appropriate by the management.
Current First Aid and CPR certification
Knowledge and Experience
- Two years’ experience working in the child care field
- Understanding and awareness of settlement issues and the concerns of newcomer children and parents
- Familiarity with the settlement process and knowledge of local resources available to immigrants
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- The ability to speak another language is an asset.
- A Criminal Record Check including the section relating to working with vulnerable persons in good standing order is required.
Special Working Conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth.
Intrested and Qualified Candidates can e-mail their cover letter and resume with three references to email@example.com.