Cultural Health Navigators (CHN) Facilitator
Global Gathering Place is seeking to fill the term position of CHN Facilitator, ending December 31, 2019.
The Cultural Health Navigators program will support health providers to improve their ability to care for, communicate with, and understand patients from diverse backgrounds as well as support clients to take a more proactive approach to their ongoing healthcare.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Community Connections Manager, the CHN Facilitator will be responsible for the planning, development, and management of the Cultural Health Navigators program which includes:
- developing and maintaining a current and accurate resource directory
- researching similar programs across Canada
- developing the Cultural Health Navigators program
- developing a CHN curriculum for training purposes
- facilitating training of Cultural Health Navigators
- building community partnerships within the health sector
- providing support to the Providing Access to Healthcare (PATH) program and workers
- preparing reports required by Global Gathering Place as needed for program development, evaluation, or for funders and partners
- working collaboratively with staff at Global Gathering Place as well as partner organizations
- helping to ensure that service providers in the community are adequately informed and trained to effectively serve immigrants, refugees, and ethnocultural communities
The role will require regular reporting, careful record keeping, and scheduling. It may also require irregular hours in order to accommodate potential weekend and evening work.
A University degree in the humanities, social sciences or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience
Minimum of 3 years’ working in a related area. Experience in program and/or community development, coordination, marketing and/or liaising is required. Experience working with working with refugees and interpreters is an asset. A thorough understanding of the Saskatoon health care system and knowledge of the IFH Program are required.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A Class 5 Driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are required.
- A Criminal Record Check including the section relating to working with vulnerable persons in good standing order is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken is required.
- The ability to speak a second language is an asset.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- Be able to balance listening and talking; speak and write clearly and accurately
- Be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented
- Be culturally sensitive
- Be receptive to feedback, willing to learn
- Be able to adapt to changing work environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about working with newcomers
- Demonstrates capacity to be an effective change agent
The CHN Facilitator will work in an office setting as well as out in the community. This role also requires flexibility; evening and weekend work, working outdoors, and working with potentially challenging clients.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume including three professional references in confidence by August 12, 2019 at 5 pm to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.