A society where newcomers to Canada are fully engaged and valued.
To engage and support immigrants and refugees to integrate and thrive in Canadian society.
- Relevant/Client Centred
- Person-Centred Support—GGP recognizes that ‘one size does not fit all’ and that people’s needs vary and change over time. We seek the ‘clarity’ to understand the needs of the individual and adapt our resources, programs, and services to meet those needs. We seek to ‘adapt and create’ the appropriate ‘practical and quality’ response to the identified need.
- Holistic Approach—GGP recognizes that all aspects of a person’s ‘needs’ and ‘hopes’ must be ‘respected’ and taken into account when developing ‘effective solutions.’
- Welcoming and Friendly environment—GGP cherishes a ‘warm, open, dignified and friendly’ atmosphere where refugees and immigrants to Saskatoon feel ‘welcome, safe, secure, and accepted.’ A ‘home away from home.’
- Respectfulness—GGP believes in ‘self determination and discovery,’ ‘the integrity of choices,’ encouraging each person to make decisions and take control over his or her life, and to ‘enable’ and help shape these based on what is important to each refugee and immigrant.
- Responsiveness—GGP finds ‘solutions’ which meet the ‘needs and preferences’ of refugees and immigrants through informal drop-in, direct service, or referrals to other providers.
- Partnerships—GGP ‘collaborates and builds’ positive working relationships with a wide scope of partners in order to ‘share’ knowledge and ideas, and to ensure the best ‘opportunities and quality’ of service for refugees and immigrants.
- Outreach—GGP ‘educates’ the public about issues affecting refugees and immigrants and advocates on their behalf and in their best interests.
- Dignity—GGP ‘believes’ that all persons have the ‘innate right’ to ‘fairness, compassion, respect and ethical treatment.’
- Financial Sustainability—GGP believes its work, as a service provider will be needed for many years to come in the community. Therefore, we strive with ‘due diligence’ to meet our mission through ‘thoughtful strategic choices’ that will ensure sufficient financial resources.
- Diversity—GGP welcomes and is ‘inclusive’ of people from all cultures, languages and religions, and sees this inclusiveness as a means to ‘learn and enrich’ all our lives.
- Caring—GGP demonstrates ‘compassion and concern’ for refugees and immigrants. As a part of this ‘caring attitude’, we ‘listen’ to people, ‘discover’ who they are, and ‘find or develop solutions’ to meet their needs.