Employment Status: Full-Time – Contracted Position
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To welcome newcomers to Canada, and assist them with their settlement and integration needs.
NATURE OF WORK: Reporting to the Program Manager, SAFE Support is part of a team which is responsible for ensuring that services and programming at the Global Gathering Place contribute to the successful integration of clients to life in Saskatoon. SAFE Support will provide individual assistance to clients coming to the agency including conducting registrations, addressing immediate needs, and making referrals. Within the position are diverse administrative duties that support the daily operations of the agency. Some of the tasks include: communicating with program participants, data entry, reporting, and assisting with coordinating volunteers.
- Welcome, register, and provide critical contact to clients
- Respond to client phone calls and inquiries
- Address immediate questions or concerns
- Refer clients to appropriate programs and/or services within GGP and the wider community.
- Keep up-to-date with all GGP and community programs and services that are a resource to newcomers to Canada
- Assist with maintaining the day-to-day functions of the agency
- Ensure all interactions with stakeholders represent GGP as a professional, welcoming and resourceful organization and are consistent with the values and mission of GGP
- Collaborate with community programs and services in order to support clients in an effective manner
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with GGP clients, staff and volunteers
- Assist with coordinating volunteers
- Respond to inquiries in a professional, timely and accurate manner
- Maintain database and file management systems to track current program participants, program enrollment, and program resources
- Assist in recruiting clients to programs/services at GGP
- Update program content on the GGP website on a regular basis
- Produce accurate monthly reports (narrative, iCARE, CTS) to the Program Manager
The SAFE Support will perform other duties as assigned.
Demonstration of the following performance competencies are considered essential for success in this position:
Demonstrates understanding and openness towards others, nurturing and valuing positive relationships with others in own work unit and across the organization.
Demonstrates the promotion of environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued.
Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in a wide variety of situations; including face-to-face, over the phone and in writing.
Teamwork and Collaboration
Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively within a team, and with individuals throughout the organization, to achieve optimal results.
Demonstrates initiative without specific direction; completes tasks by removing barriers and locating necessary resources.
Attention to Detail
Demonstrates attention to accuracy, completeness and timeliness in tasks, approaching work in a disciplined and orderly fashion.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
Education: University degree in the humanities, social sciences or related field.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of related experience working in a social services related sector.
- Experience in a cross-cultural setting is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential and the ability to speak another language is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of newcomer settlement and integrations needs.
- Knowledge of services and programs for newcomers in Saskatoon is an asset.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A Criminal Record Check including the section relating to working with vulnerable persons in good standing order is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume including three professional references in confidence by April 17, 2017 at 5 pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.