Language Program Support
Employment Status: Full-Time
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide general support in the English as a Second Language (ESL) department.
NATURE OF WORK: Reporting to the Language Services Manager, the Language Program Support provides support to students and instructors at all times that classes are held, including evenings and weekends. The Language Program Support is primarily accountable to ensure accurate data and file management, correspondence, assistance with reporting requirements, and to act as a liaison between GGP’s main location and the GGP English Language Centre.
The Language Program Support:
- Works at reception and manages inquiries (in person, telephone, email) and consultations
- Assists Student Services Support as needed
- Liaises with instructors, students, and other staff in both locations to help meet needs and provide program support
- Works with staff in both locations to ensure accurate information on all GGP’s programs and activities is shared with staff and clients at the English Language Center
- Enters data into in-house reporting database; provides assistance in compiling reports
- Conducts statistical reporting for iCARE, and other reports as needed
- Helps develop and reproduce program brochures, posters, flyers, and other relevant documents
- Updates program information (class schedule and changes) on GGP's website, and disseminates updates to other relevant agencies/organizations
- Posts and updates information for ELC display boards and digital slideshow
- Maintains the inventory
- Provides minor technical support as needed
- Provides general administrative support and other various administrative tasks as needed
- Provide additional support to the CNC program (as back-up staff to meet ratios) when necessary
- Keeps current with relevant program information to respond accurately to client, staff, and community inquiries
- Participates in staff meetings; contributes to committees, events, and initiatives deemed appropriate by the management
Demonstration of the following performance competencies are considered essential for success in this position:
Attention to Detail: Demonstrates attention to accuracy, completeness and timeliness in tasks, approaching work in a disciplined and orderly fashion.
Relationship Building: Demonstrates understanding and openness towards others, nurturing and valuing positive relationships with others in own work unit and across the organization.
Cultural Diversity: Demonstrates the promotion of environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued.
Communication: Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in a wide variety of situations; including face-to-face, over the phone and in writing.
Teamwork and Collaboration: Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively within a team, and with individuals throughout the organization, to achieve optimal results.
Initiative: Demonstrates initiative without specific direction; completes tasks by removing barriers and locating necessary resources.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
Education: Completion of Grade 12 and a recognized one year post-secondary business/administrative program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ working in an office environment. Experience supporting Human Resource functions is an asset.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- A Criminal Record Check including the section relating to working with vulnerable persons in good standing order is required.
- The ability to speak another language is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume including three professional references in confidence by April 13, 2017 at 5 pm to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.