ESTEEM - Enhancing Skills to Enrich Eager Minds
BrightStart! provides parent-child interaction by way of songs, plays, and presentations to ten high-needs, vulnerable immigrant mothers with children under the age of 48 months. BrightStart! offers structured theme-related activities in two-hour sessions, once a week. The Goals of BrightStart! are to:
- assist mothers in improving social and language skills while caring for their babies/toddlers;
- give mothers tools to provide the essentials of emotional, cognitive and social development for their children;
- stimulate the love of learning;
- increase self-confidence and a feeling of self-worth in both the mother and the child;
- increase mothers' capacity to develop a positive lifestyle through education; and
- assist mothers in developing support systems.
In partnership with the Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild, this program allows clients the opportunity to work with professional writers in order to build on their creative writing, editing, and storytelling skills.
Our helpful staff is happy to provide a wide variety of support including needs-assessment, information sharing, and referrals to walk-in clients.
Counselling is offered on Tuesday afternoons in partnership with Community Adult Mental Health Services. Interested individuals should call the office at 306-665-0268 to book an appointment.