Community Connections Coordinator
The Global Gathering Place has an immediate need for a 5-month contract Community Connections Coordinator. The ideal candidate thinks outside the box and will be creative with their approaches in regard to promoting and supporting GGP’s programs and services. We need a person who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty and who knows how to stretch a dollar to make it count. We are looking for someone to come in and help management with the following:
- Help define and structure goals to maintain and expand client needs, services and programs and assist with a plan to secure funds for their success;
- Work with staff to enhance GGP’s brand by promoting the story of our history, our clients’ successes, programs and services as it works to strengthen the public’s awareness that we are an important player in the sector;
- Create and identify social media trends to engage the community and raise awareness of GGP’s clients, programs and services;
- Maintain websites and creative content on social media platforms to inspire interest in GGP’s mission and programs;
- Track, amalgamate, and analyze data analytics to identify and define audiences and promote GGP’s services and programs;
- Help create and distribute content that educates and entertains our audience in order to positively impact GGP’s objectives;
- Builds partnerships and develops relationships and connections with the community and business leaders to better connect clients to mainstream services;
- Research services and identify funding opportunities and reports them to management;
- Raise awareness, engage others, and connect with new supporters in order to better serve our clients;
- Create and distribute GGP’s creative copy to clients and existing and prospective stakeholders;
- Assist with event planning by working with staff and volunteers; and
- Remains up-to-date on current fund development programs, practices and procedures used to assist clients in the non-profit sector and informs leadership of matters that would benefit GGP.
We are looking for someone with a University degree in the humanities, social sciences or communications discipline. Experience in program and/or community development, coordination, marketing and/or liaising coupled with a thorough understanding of settlement and resources available within the community.
Applicants will need a current Police Record Check and should submit their resumes along with three references by 5:00 pm on November 6, 2019 to: email@example.com.