Job Type: Full/Part-Time until March 31, 2021 with possible extension
The Language Program Facilitator assists newcomers to Canada transition to a new culture by helping them develop the English language skills and community knowledge they will need for full participation in Canadian society. The participants of this program are newcomers to Canada whose English levels are assessed at CLB 4 and up.
This position primarily works in the evenings within a culturally diverse workplace.
The Facilitator will be responsible for the following:
- Develops curriculum material and lesson plans based on participants language needs and goals;
- Leads program to best engage learners and build language skills;
- Utilizes on-site resources and technology to support language learning;
- Collaborates with program staff to coordinate participant placement and movement;
- Keeps attendance and monitors participants progress;
- Completes monthly and quarterly reports including reporting on the monthly curriculum, challenges and successes;
- Provides support and referrals to GGP programs and services.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Education, Arts, or Social Science (English or humanities degree, or a similar University Degree). Certification in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL) recognized by TESL Canada would be considered an asset;
- Minimum two years experience teaching English as a second language;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmarks;
- Knowledge and experience in working with newcomers from diverse backgrounds;
- Commitment to promoting environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Excellent interpersonal administrative skills: lesson plans, attendance records, monthly reports, and meeting deadlines; and
- A criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check in good standing is required.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their resumes along with three references by July 31, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.