The Global Gathering Place is seeking a part-time IT Support. Working 10 hours per week, the IT Support will provide support of IT operations to support Global Gathering Place information systems.
NATURE OF WORK: Reporting to the Community Connections Manager, IT Support is primarily accountable for maintaining GGP’s computer networks. IT Support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems.
The IT Support is accountable for the development and implementation of processes to ensure maximum up-time for all of GGP’s computer systems and peripherals:
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Schedule and maintain backups
- Respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provide technical support
- Set up accounts for new users
- Test new technology
- Track and manage IT inventory
- Repair and replace equipment as necessary
- Identify and properly dispose of outdated equipment
The IT Support will fulfill other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by completion of a recognized post‑secondary computer technology program or equivalent. A current Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification is required as well as:
- Considerable experience with various types of computer equipment, file servers, peripherals, software installation in multi-platform environments
- Basic understanding of computer hardware troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of LAN / WAN / WLAN troubleshooting and network protocols
- Understanding of general security access, server to server replication and networking
- Ability to work in an efficient manner, plan, estimate and organize personal workload, work under pressure, and see assignments through to completion
Experience: Three to five years of related work experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in technical support in a Windows environment.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A Criminal Record Check in good standing order is required.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstration of the following performance competencies are considered essential for success in this position:
Systems & Practices
Understand GGP server and workstation operating systems.
Demonstrates ability to maintain positive interpersonal and communication skills
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates a consistent focus on achieving results despite challenges or obstacles; demonstrates concern for doing a good job and achieving or surpassing standards of excellence.
Demonstrates the promotion of environments where diversity in background, thought and practice is welcomed and valued.
Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in a wide variety of situations; including face-to-face, over the phone and in writing.
Teamwork and Collaboration
Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively within a team, and with individuals throughout the organization, to achieve optimal results.
Planning and Goal Setting
Regularly reviews personal priorities and plans, adjusting goals as departmental and overall organizational goals change.
Demonstrate an understanding of privacy protection and informed consent; demonstrate confidentiality.
Understands and demonstrates time management techniques such as priority setting and minimizing the waste of resources.
Ability to learn on an on-going basis.
This position primarily operates outside of regular weekday hours in a culturally diverse office setting.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 23, 2019.